Monday, February 13, 2012

Now made with 100% pure BS!

Have you noticed all the commercials for the "new and improved" products? I saw one last night for new Campbells Kettle Style soup. Apparently its made with pure bistro quality ingredients. (Whatever those are) Things are being made now with "pure" this and "organic" that. Heck even McDonalds had the huge ad run about their "all white meat chicken nuggets". It makes me wonder why that is a good thing?

You used to feed me crap. Not pure not organic crap. Not white meat chicken but some strange grey meat-like substance. And you freely admit it! "Now made with 100% white meat!" your ads proclaim. And I'm supposed to jump up and go "Yay lets go get some!"? Am I the only one who is offended by this?  Am I the only one who thinks, "Wait a minute, then what were they before?"

You made your new baby bottles BPA free so my kid doesn't grow a second head! I say why weren't they BPA free to begin with? Why is it okay that you make low quality products before and now that you've improved it becomes a sales pitch? Its not a selling point. Its a shame! I love that admitting that you sold us garbage before and now don't is somehow supposed to make me trust your company more.

If my husband told me he'd been screwing another woman all these years but now he's totally commited to this relationship and ready to move forward with a normal life I'd leave him. (or kill him) If he said "Hunny I've been slowly poisoning you all these years but now I know you don't like it so I'm only gonna give you good things from now on." I'd have him arrested! (or kill him) However if a major company says crap like that in an ad to promote their product we run right out and buy it. Its insanity!

What has our country come to? We have schools where kids can't run on the playground. I know because my 7 and 8 year old can't. They have Walking Club. Oh boy! We have schools where a kid can't suck on a cough drop. I know because my 7 year old had to chew and swallow his before they'd let him in the front door. We have schools where drug education begins in pre-kindergarten and sex ed begins in fourth grade. I know because I had to listen to my tiny innocent children spout the "just say no" rhetoric and sing the drug free song.

We have a country where kids aren't allowed to be kids and companies can do whatever they want. It appears that this country is now made with 100% pure bull shit. And I really don't like the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment